UPSC Assistant Commandants Syllabus, Exam Pattern 2018 – The Union Public Service Commission will hold a Written Examination on 23rd July 2018 for recruitment of 179 Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) viz. Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Exam 2018
Post: Assistant Commandants
Total Vacancies: 179 Posts
- BSF – 28 Posts
- CRPF – 65 Posts
- CISF – 23 Posts
- SSB – 63 Posts
UPSC Assistant Commandants Selection Process
- Written exam (Paper 1 – 250 Marks, Paper 2 – 200 Marks)
- Physical Standards, Physical Efficiency Tests, Medical Tests
- Interview/Personality Test – 150 Marks
Click here for UPSC CAPF AC Previous Question Papers & Key
UPSC Assistant Commandants Written Exam Pattern 2018
Written Examination: The UPSC Assistant Commandants written examination to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission will be held on 23rd July 2018 and will comprise two papers. Paper I will be held from 10 a.m. to 12.00 Noon and Paper II will be held from 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Paper I: General Ability and Intelligence – 250 Marks
- The questions in this paper will be of Objective (Multiple Answers) Type in which the questions will be set in English as well as Hindi.
Paper II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension – 200 Marks
- In this paper candidates will be allowed the option of writing the Essay Component in English or Hindi, but the medium of Precis Writing, Comprehension Components and other communications/ language skills will be English only.
UPSC Assistant Commandants Syllabus – Paper 1
Paper I: General Ability and Intelligence
The objective type questions with multiple choices in this paper will broadly cover the following areas:
- General Mental Ability
- The questions will be designed to test the logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude including numerical ability, and data interpretation.
- General Science
- The questions will be set to test general awareness, scientific temper, comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation including new areas of importance like Information Technology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science.
- Current Events of National and International Importance:
- The questions will test the candidates’ awareness of current events of national and international importance in the broad areas of culture, music, arts, literature, sports, governance, societal and developmental issues, industry, business, globalisation, and interplay among nations.
- Indian Polity and Economy:
- The questions shall aim to test candidates’ knowledge of the Country’s political system and the Constitution of India, social systems and public administration, economic development in India, regional and international security issues and human rights including its indicators.
- History of India:
- The questions will broadly cover the subject in its social, economic and political aspects. This shall also include the areas of growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
- Indian and World Geography:
- The questions shall cover the physical, social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World.
UPSC Assistant Commandants Syllabus – Paper 2
Paper II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
Part-A – Essay questions which are to be answered in long narrative form either in Hindi or English totaling 80 Marks. The indicative topics are modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, geography, polity and economy, knowledge of security and human rights issues, and analytical ability.
Part-B – Comprehension, précis writing, other communications/language skills – to be attempted in English only (Marks 120) – The topics are Comprehension passages, précis writing, developing counter arguments, simple grammar and other aspects of language testing.
For more details refer to UPSC Assistant Commandants Recruitment Notification.
UPSC Assistant Commandants, UPSC Assistant Commandants Exam Pattern, UPSC Assistant Commandants Syllabus, Assistant Commandants Paper, CAPF Assistant Commandants, CAPF AC Syllabus