The HINDU Editorial Wordlist 06 April 2018 and English Vocabulary based on The Hindu daily newspaper. Here we are listed the words used in The HINDU Editorial and providing the usage of words for easy learning. So that it will become very easy to improve vocabulary and learn new words.
English Vocabulary is the deciding factor in many Examinations. It has a major contribution in scoring. Candidate can get more marks with good vocabulary skills in no time. These words may appear in Bank exams ( IBPS, SBI), SSC Recruitment Exams (CGL), Railway Recruitment , Entrance Exams (CAT, GRE) and other competitive Exams conducted by state Public service commission.
The Hindu Newspaper Daily Wordlist 06 April 2018 pdf download
- The Supreme Court on Thursday rapped the Pinarayi Vijayan-led Kerala government for promulgating an ordinance to “blatantly nullify”
- Bench comprising Justices Arun Mishra and U.U. Lalit passed a scathing order,
- Salman caught between blinding fame and depths of notoriety
- admits to move on impeachment
- They are now mulling taking up similar measures on the Masab Tank flyover.
- Fugitive gangster nabbed in Bengaluru
- Myths about type-I diabetes hindering treatment
|Word||Meaning & Synonyms|
|Meaning: promote or make widely known (an idea or cause).|
Synonyms: broadcast, promote, announce, proclaim
|Meaning: witheringly scornful; severely critical.|
Synonyms: severe, stinging, biting, cutting, mordant, trenchant,
|Meaning: the state of being famous or well known for some bad quality or deed.|
Synonyms: disrepute, ill repute, ill fame, dishonour, discredit,
|impeachment noun||Meaning:, the action of calling into question the integrity or validity of something.|
Synonyms: a charge of treason or another crime against the state.
|Meaning: think about (something) deeply and at length.|
Synonyms: consider, think over/about, reflect on, contemplate,
|Meaning: a person who has escaped from captivity or is in hiding.|
Synonyms: escapee, escaper, runaway, deserter, refugee
|Meaning: make it difficult for (someone) to do something or for (something) to happen.|
Synonyms: be a hindrance to, obstruct, impede, inhibit, retard
The HINDU Editorial Wordlist 06 April 2018 - English Vocabulary pdf
The following words are taken from today’s Paper. The Hindu editorial wordlist, vocabulary, meanings and synonyms are very helpful for the IBPS Bank PO and SSC CGL aspirants. Candidates are requested to memorize some words every day. So that it will be useful to Crack the exam.
- Sri Lanka’s parliament provides an opportunity for its bickering leaders to reassess their priorities.
- Sirisena held Mr. Wickremesinghe responsible for the debacle, seeing in the results an expression of public anger
- The fear of a return to the days of Mr. Rajapaksa’s political dominance possibly deterred more members from joining the bandwagon.
- Now over a year later, it may be prudent to look at the reforms it suggested and action taken in the vocational education
- This means aligning the courses to international requirements, ensuring a basic foundation
- Media reports often highlight the corporate sector lamenting about “unemployable youth”.
- The Reserve Bank of India’s policymakers have acted predictably in opting to keep interest rates unchanged and in retaining the ‘neutral’ stance.
|Word||Meaning & Synonyms|
|Meaning: argue about petty and trivial matters.|
Synonyms: squabble, argue; quarrel, wrangle, fight,
|Meaning: a sudden and ignominious failure; a fiasco.|
Synonyms: failure, catastrophe, disaster, disintegration, mess
|Meaning: a wagon used for carrying a band in a parade or procession.|
Synonyms: an activity or cause that has suddenly become fashionable or popular.
|Meaning: acting with or showing care and thought for the future.|
Synonyms: well judged, judicious, sagacious, sage, shrewd,
|Meaning: place or arrange (things) in a straight line.|
Synonyms: range, arrange in line, put in order.
|Meaning: express passionate grief about.|
Synonyms : grieve (for/over), weep for, shed tears for; sorrow.
|Meaning: continue to have (something); keep possession of.|
Synonyms: continue, preserve, reserve, conserve,
Here, we are providing HINDU Editorial Wordlist, The HINDU daily Wordlist, Editorial column word meanings and synonyms in pdf format also. Candidates can download the pdf from the link given.
The HINDU Editorial Wordlist pdf download 06 April 2018