The HINDU Editorial Wordlist 04 April 2018 and English Vocabulary based on The Hindu daily newspaper. Here we are listed the words used in The HINDU Editorial and providing the usage of words for easy learning. So that it will become very easy to improve vocabulary and learn new words.
English Vocabulary is the deciding factor in many Examinations. It has a major contribution in scoring. Candidate can get more marks with good vocabulary skills in no time. These words may appear in Bank exams ( IBPS, SBI), SSC Recruitment Exams (CGL), Railway Recruitment , Entrance Exams (CAT, GRE) and other competitive Exams conducted by state Public service commission.
The Hindu Newspaper Daily Wordlist 04 April 2018 pdf download
- No affront to Dalit rights, says SC
- Centre to emulate Aarogyasri
- Australia has retracted remarks about White farmers’
- Indian doctor reprimanded
- Agitations just an eyewash: Tamilisai
- A boon for harried Prakasam farmers
Click here for Current Affairs GK 2017
|Word||Meaning & Synonyms|
|Meaning: offend the modesty or values of.|
Synonyms: offend, outrage, mortify, provoke
|Meaning: match or surpass (a person or achievement), typically by imitation.|
Synonyms: copy, reproduce, mimic, mirror, echo, follow,
|Meaning: withdraw (a statement or accusation) as untrue or unjustified.|
Synonyms: withdraw, unsay, recant, disown, disavow
|reprimanded Verb||Meaning: address a reprimand to.|
Synonyms: admonish, chastise, chide, upbraid, reprove,
|Meaning: a state of anxiety or nervous excitement.|
Synonyms: perturbation, disquiet, distress, concern,
|Meaning: feeling strained as a result of having demands persistently made on one; harassed.|
Synonyms: assail, assault, maraud, ravage,
|Meaning: a thing that is helpful or beneficial.|
Synonyms: godsend, bonus, good thing, benefit,
The HINDU Editorial Wordlist 04 April 2018 - English Vocabulary pdf
The following words are taken from today’s Paper. The Hindu editorial wordlist, vocabulary, meanings and synonyms are very helpful for the IBPS Bank PO and SSC CGL aspirants. Candidates are requested to memorize some words every day. So that it will be useful to Crack the exam.
- After an aborted attempt in February, the government has finally managed to successfully roll out the e-way bill system
- That are now required even before goods are loaded for transport — has so far held up without glitches
- the government’s belief that analytics deployed on GST data compiled for nine months would deliver a bigger bounty,
- A staggered schedule for rolling out e-way bills for intra-State trade in a few States at a time is expected soon.
- The country’s heterogeneous nature led to the emergence of a multiparty system and coalition
- Modi’s chest-thumping speeches will not influence the people of Karnataka any more.
|Word||Meaning & Synonyms|
|Meaning: bring to a premature end because of a problem or fault.|
Synonyms: halt, stop, end, call off, cut short, discontinue
|Meaning: a sudden, usually temporary malfunction or fault of equipment.|
Synonyms: suffer a sudden malfunction or fault.
|Meaning: a sum paid by the state to encourage trade|
Synonyms: award, recompense, remuneration, commission,
|Meaning: walk or move unsteadily, as if about to fall.|
Synonyms: walk unsteadily, reel, sway, teeter, totter,
|heterogeneous adjective||Meaning: diverse in character or content.|
Synonyms: varied, varying, miscellaneous, assorted,
|Meaning: a temporary alliance for combined action, especially of political parties forming a government.|
Synonyms : partnership, affiliation, bloc, caucus; federation
|Meaning: of an impressive size, extent, or amount.|
Synonyms: really, thoroughly, exceedingly, immensely,
Here, we are providing HINDU Editorial Wordlist, The HINDU daily Wordlist, Editorial column word meanings and synonyms in pdf format also. Candidates can download the pdf from the link given.
The HINDU Editorial Wordlist pdf download 04 April 2018