SSC MTS Numerical Aptitude Question Paper 2017 - Here we are providing some of the questions asked in the various competitive Examinations. These questions cover the following topics: simple equations, Profit and loss, Menstruation, squares and cube roots, Number system, Time and work, Averages, Ages, Time, speed and distance etc.
SSC MTS Numerical Aptitude Question Paper 2017
1. (43% of 2750) – (38% of 2990) = ?
(A) 43.6 (B) 46.3 (C) 44.7 (D) 49.3
2. A man sells his typewriter at 5% loss. If he sells it for Rs. 80 more, he gains 5%. The cost price of the typewriter is
(A) Rs. 1600 (B) Rs. 1200 (C) Rs. 1000 (D) Rs. 800
3. The sum of the ages of a father and his son is 100 years now. Five years ago, their ages were in the ratio of 2 : 1. The ratio of the ages of father and son after 10 years will be
(A) 4 : 3 (B) 5 : 3 (C) 3 : 5 (D) 10 : 7
4. Which of the following is the value of [(0000064)1/3 ]1/2 ?
(A) 0.004 (B) 0.02 (C) 0.04 (D) 0.2
5. A carpenter constructed a rectangular sandbox with a capacity of 10 cubic feet. If the carpenter were to make a similar sandbox twice as long, twice as wide, and twice as high as the first sandbox, what would be the capacity, in cubic feet, of the second sandbox?
(A) 20 (B) 40 (C) 60 (D) 80
SSC MTS Numerical Aptitude Question Paper
6. Rabin has 10 pairs of matched socks. If he loses 7 individual socks, what is the greatest number of pairs of matched socks he can have left?
(A) 7 (B) 6 (C) 5 (D) 4
7. If y is an integer, then the least possible value of |23 – 5y| is
(A) 2 (B) 3 (C) 4 (D) 5
8. There are 4 more women than men on Centerville’s board of education. If there are 10 members on the board, how many are women?
(A) 3 (B) 4 (C) 6 (D) 7
9. (0.0036)(2.8)/ (0.04)( 0.1)(0.003) = ?
(A) 840.0 (B) 84.0 (C) 8.4 (D) 0.84
10. Machine A produces bolts at a uniform rate of 120 every 40 seconds, and Machine B produces bolts at a uniform rate of 100 every 20 seconds. If the two machines run simultaneously, how many seconds will it take for them to produce a total of 200 bolts?
(A) 22 (B) 25 (C) 28 (D) 32
SSC MTS Numerical Aptitude Question Paper key
11. In an increasing sequence of 10 consecutive integers, the sum of the first 5 integers is 560. What is the sum of the last 5 integers in the sequence?
(A) 585 (B) 580 (C) 575 (D) 570
12. If Mahim loses 8 pounds, he will weigh twice as much as his sister. Together they now weigh 278 pounds. What is Mahim’s present weight, in pounds?
(A) 131 (B) 139 (C) 147 (D) 188
13. The water from one outlet, flowing at a constant rate, can fill a swimming pool in 9 hours. The water from a second outlet, flowing at a constant rate, can fill the same pool in 5 hours. If both outlets are used at the same time, approximately what is the number of hours required to fill the pool?
(A) 0.22 (B) 2.50 (C) 3.21 (D) 4.56
14. If x + 5 > 2 and x – 3 < 7, the value of x must be between which of the following pairs of numbers?
(A) -3 and 10 (B) -3 and 4 (C) 2 and 7 (D) 3 and 4
15. Car A is 20 miles behind Car B, which is traveling in the same direction along the same route as Car A. Car A is traveling at a constant speed of 58 miles per hour and Car B is traveling at a constant speed of 50 miles per hour. How many hours will it take for Car A to accelerate and drive 8 miles ahead of Car B?
(A) 2.0 (B) 2.5 (C) 3.0 (D) 3.5