REASONING Question Paper 2017 – Here we are providing some of the questions asked in the various competitive Examinations. These questions cover the following topics: Analogies, Coding Decoding, Data Interpretation, Analytical Puzzles, Linear arrangement, seating Arrangement, Number series, Symbols and Notations, Odd man out, Direction sense, syllogisms, Logical Deduction etc.
REASONING Question Paper 2017
Direction for questions 1 – 5 : In each of the following questions, a pair of words is given. You are to study the relation existing between them and then find out from the given alternatives, the pair of words that bears the same relation between them and indicate that on the answer sheet.
1. Bear : Hibernation
(A) Man : Immigration (B) Bird : Migration (C) Food : Adulteration (D) Frog : Aestivation
2. Stationary : Mobile
(A) Quilt : Sheet (B) Bulb : Tube light (C) Vehicle : Bus (D) Quack : Expert
3. Textile : Mill
(A) Eggs : Hen (B) Coal : Mine (C) Food : Agriculture (D) Brick : Kiln
4. Theft : Confess
(A) Flight : Dare (B) Fault : Admit (C) Murder : Commit (D) Mistake : Agree
5. Sprain : Fracture
(A) Devotion : Blessing (B) Excitement : Frenzy (C) Sleep : Bed sheet (D) Fever : Malaria
6. If in a certain language, GAMBLE is coded as FBLCKF, how is FLOWER coded in that code?
(A) GKPVFQ (B) EMNXDS (C) GMPVDS (D) EKNVDQ
Direction for questions 7 – 11 : Study the following diagram and answer the related questions.
7. What number is within all the three figures ?
(A) 5 (B) 6 (C) 3 (D) None of these
8. What is the sum of the numbers which belong to the parallelogram only ?
(A) 22 (B) 11 (C) 6 (D) 3
9. Which number belongs to both the triangles only but not in the parallelogram?
(A) 5 (B) 6 (C) 7 (D) 3
10. Which number(s) belong(s) to only one triangle ?
(A) 2 (B) 9 (C) 4 (D) All of these
11. What is the sum of the numbers which belong to the parallelogram and any one of the triangles only?
(A) 13 (B) 19 (C) 20 (D) 23
Direction for questions 12 – 16 : Study the following information to answer the given questions.
I. Seven persons P, Q, R, S, T, V and X belonging to different cities, viz. Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Trivandrum, not necessarily in the same order, went to USA for attending a conference. Each one had a different specialization, viz. Literature, Physics, Economics, Marketing, Computers, Textile Engineering and Information Technology.
II. S is from Chennai and Q does not have specialization in Textile or Economics. R is a man of Marketing and comes from Mumbai. The person from Kolkata has specialization in Computers. P, who is specialized in Literature, does not belong to Delhi. V having specialization in Physics is from Trivandrum. Information Technology is the specialization of X, who comes from Bengaluru.
12. Which of the following persons is from Delhi?
(A) P (B) S (C) T (D) S or T
13. Who is a Textile Engineer?
(A) S (B) T (C) V (D) S or T
14. Person with specialization in Literature comes from which of the following cities?
(A) Bengaluru (B) Kolkata (C) Delhi (D) Hyderabad
15. Which of the following combinations of person, city and specialization is correct?
(A) S – Chennai – Economics (B) S – Chennai – Textile (C) Q – Kolkata – Computers (D) T – Delhi – Economics
16. Who is specialized in Computers?
(A) Q (B) S (C) T (D) Data inadequate