Konkan Railway JE Electrical Syllabus 2017 – Konkan Railway Junior Engineer Recruitment 2017 – KRCL Recruitment 2017 – Konkan Railway Corporation Limited KRCL invites applications from eligible candidates for the recruitment of 24 Junior Engineer JE (Electrical) in KRCL.
Konkan Railway Recruitment website: www.konkanrailway.com
Konkan Railway JE Electrical Syllabus 2017 – Junior Engineer
Konkan Railway Junior Engineer written examination will be of two tiers – Objective and Subjective types.
Selection Process: Written Exam (Objective Type – 150 Marks, Descriptive Type – 50 Marks)
- The objective one will be of 150 marks of 2 hours duration. The distribution is 90 marks-Technical ability & General Science + 60 marks (General Intelligence, Reasoning, General awareness, Arithmetic).
- Negative marking: 1/3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer in Objective Paper only.
- The Descriptive type will be of 50 marks – (35 marks-Professional, 15 marks – Proficiency in English Language (Precis writing and comprehension) – 1.30 hour duration.
The total marks obtained out of these 200 marks will be converted to 100 as full mark. The minimum qualifying mark will be 60% for all categories.
Konkan Railway JE Electrical Syllabus 2017
B. Mathematics: Knowledge of std. X level
C. Knowledge of English, grammar of std. X level.
D. Reasoning, Aptitude and General Knowledge.
JE Electrical Syllabus for Technical Paper:
- Different systems of Power Generation — basic knowledge, merits & demerits.
- Power Distribution System: over head & under ground systems, construction & maintenance practices, classification of voltages.
- House / domestic wiring & industrial wiring: Single phase and three phase distribution, two way circuits, testing & energisation procedures.
- Electrical Substations — Schematic line diagram, working principles, functions of Transformers, CT & PT units, Circuit Breakers, Gang Operating Switches, Drop Out Fuses, MCBs, MCCBs, Change Over switches, their maintenance, troubles & trouble shooting, concept of maximum demand, connected load, demand factor, diversity factor, power factor, energy tariff. Power shut down procedures. Tests of transformers & conditions of parallel operation. Power factor improvement methods.
- Earthing of Electrical installations and its importance, types of earthing, measurement of earth resistance, maintenance of earthing systems.
- Safety requirements while working on Electrical installations, checks to be carried out before commissioning of new electrical equipments / installations. Reporting & dealing of electrical accidents, electric shock, shock treatment, extinguishing of electrical fires & knowledge of use of fire extinguishers, Indian Electricity Rules & Act.
- AC .& DC circuits, Ohm’s Law, Krichhoff’s Law, series parallel circuits, laws of magnetism, electromagnetic induction, Fleming’s rules — left hand & right hand, current, voltage, resistance, power, energy, HP. Calculation of energy consumption.
- Cables, wires, insulators, insulation resistance, insulating materials, different types of joints -basic knowledge. Laying of cables, faults in cables & identification methods.
- Illumination — fundamentals of illumination, types of lamps & accessories and their applications. Concepts of various lighting schemes – indoor lighting, street lighting & yard lighting etc. Energy efficient lighting systems.
- Pumps — Working principle, types of pumps, their applications & selections, starters, over load relays, single phase preventer- wiring diagram, trouble shooting.
- AC Machines: working principle & construction of alternators and various type of AC motors, starters- DOL and star-delta, their wiring / connection diagrams.
- DC Machines: working principle, construction & characteristics of generators, DC Motors, starters & their wiring / connection diagrams.
- Cells & batteries: rechargeable dry cells, lead acid cells, VRLA cells, SMF batteries, battery charging, recording of specific gravity and voltage, maintenance of batteries & battery chargers.
- Basics of air conditioning, refrigeration cycle, working principles of refrigerator, water coolers, fans, air conditioning units, power supply connection wiring diagrams. Refrigerants and their properties.
- Working principle and applications of Electrical measuring instruments like Megger, Earth Tester, Lux meter, Ammeter, Voltmeter, Anemometer, Kwh meter, Multimeter, Watt-meter.
- Energy auditing, energy conservation measures, Global warming, Green energy.
KRCL JE Electrical Syllabus, Konkan Railway JE Electrical Syllabus, Junior Engineer Electrical Syllabus, JE Electrical