The National Testing Agency (NTA) has started the online registration process for JEE Main April 2019 exam on February 8 on the official website, the link for which is jeemain.nic.in
JEE Main April Registration 2019: The National Testing Agency (NTA) has started the online registration process for JEE Main April 2019 exam on February 8 on the official website, the link for which is jeemain.nic.in The last date to submit the application form for JEE Main April Exam 2019 is March 7.
JEE Main April 2019: Exam schedule
- The examination will be conducted from April 7 to April 20.
- The test will be held in two shifts: 9.30 a.m. to 12.30 pm and 2.30 p.m. to 5.30 pm
- The total duration of the test will be three hours
- Candidates are also advised to report at the examination hall/room in the examination centre by 9.00 am in first shift and by 2.00 pm in second shift
JEE (Main) 2019: Eligibility criteria
The candidates who have passed Class examination in 2017, 2018 or appearing in 2019 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE (Main) examination -2019.
Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2017 or 2018; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2019 are eligible to appear in April, 2019 JEE(Main)-2019 examination
Meanwhile, those candidates who have appeared in JEE (Main) -January 2019 examination, are also eligible to appear in JEE (Main)-April 2019.
For appearing in the JEE (Main) examination there is no age limit for the candidates.
Test practice centres:
Moreover, the NTA has established a network of ‘Test Practice Centres’ spread all over India to help the students aspiring to appear in examinations to be conducted by the NTA from 2019 onwards.
The students can practice and train themselves before the examination for the “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode of examinations. The experienced, qualified and professional Nodal officer and staff available at the TPC will help and motivate the students to clear their doubts and solve problems and to make them familiar with the CBT mode of examinations.
Mode of examination:
The JEE (Main) 2019 will be conducted in the following mode:
Paper-1 (BE /BTech) in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only
Paper-2 (BArch/ BPlanning):Mathematics Part I and Aptitude Test-Part II in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only and Drawing Test -Part III in “Pen and Paper Based” (offline) mode to be attempted on drawing sheet.
Choice of medium of question papers:
“The medium of question paper shall be in English, Hindi and Gujarati. The option of question paper language should be exercised while filling up the application form and it cannot be changed at a later stage,” read the official notification.
JEE Main April Registration 2019: Candidates who appeared in JEE (Main)January exam
Step 1: Candidate has to login with the application number of the January 2019 examination and it’s created password/date of birth. The details of the candidate’s name, mother’s name, father’s name, category, PwD status, gender, date of birth, state code of eligibility will come in drop down menu, as filled by the candidate during January 2019 examination application form. Since these details are recorded in NTA score card of the January 2019 examination, any further correction cannot be allowed
Step 2: Complete the Application Formby filling your choice of course(s) (Paper-1 or Paper-2 or both), question paper medium, and choice of four centre cities.
Step 3: Payment by debit/credit card/net banking/e-challan
JEE Main April Registration 2019: Candidates applying for the first time
- Log on to the official website, jeemain.nic.in
- Register for online application form and note down system generated application number. The candidate should enter all the details while filling the online application form and should create PASSWORD and choose security question and enter his/her answer
- Complete the application form in the prescribed format
- Upload scanned images of candidate photograph and candidate signature
- Payment by debit/credit card/net banking/e-challan
Important note for candidates:
- Scanned clear passport photograph in JPG/JPEG format (size between 10 kb-200 kb)(For First Timers)
- Scanned clear signature in JPG/JPEG format (size between 4 kb-30 kb)(For First Timers)
- A valid e-mail Id as all communication will be made on this e-mail Id
- A valid mobile number as all information via SMS will be sent to this number
- A valid debit/credit card or Net banking account if you want to pay online
- A printer connected to your system to print e-challan and confirmation page
About JEE (Main) 2019:
- The JEE (Main)-2019 will be conducted twice before admissions in the next academic session
- This will give one more opportunity to the students to improve their scores in examination if they fail to give their best in first attempt without wasting their whole academic year
- In first attempt, the students will get a first-hand experience of taking an examination and to know their mistakes which they can improve while attempting for the second time
- This will reduce chances of dropping a year and droppers would not have to waste a full year
- If anyone missed the examination due to reasons beyond control, then he/she won’t have to wait for one full year
- The student’s best of the two NTA scores will be considered for preparation of Merit List/ Ranking
- The first JEE (Main) -2019 was held in January, 2019 whereas the second will be held in April, 2019.