HINDU Editorial Wordlist 20 April 2017 and English Vocabulary based on The Hindu daily newspaper. Here we are listed the words used in The HINDU Editorial and providing the usage of words for easy learning. So that it will become very easy to improve vocabulary and learn new words.
English Vocabulary is the deciding factor in many Examinations. It has a major contribution in scoring. Candidate can get more marks with good vocabulary skills in no time. These words may appear in Bank exams ( IBPS, SBI), SSC Recruitment Exams (CGL), Railway Recruitment , Entrance Exams (CAT, GRE) and other competitive Exams conducted by state Public service commission.
The Hindu Newspaper Daily Wordlist 20 April 2017 pdf download
- Amma canteens plagued by drinking water scarcity
- Kashmir colleges face prolonged shutdown
- Modi shows red light to beacons of VIP privilege
- PHFI loses FCRA licence for lobbying
- 2022 Asian Games to open up arena for e-sports enthusiasts
|Word||Meaning & Synonyms|
|Meaning: cause continual trouble or distress to.|
Synonyms: bedevil, cause suffering to, torture, torment, trouble
|Meaning: continuing for a long time or longer than usual.|
|Meaning: a light or other visible object serving as a signal, warning, or guide at sea, on an airfield|
Synonyms: signal light/fire, bonfire, smoke signal, beam, signal, danger signal
|Meaning: seek to influence (a legislator) on an issue.|
Synonyms: , importune, persuade, influence, sway
|Meaning: a person who is very interested in a particular activity or subject.|
Synonyms: fanatic, devotee, aficionado, addict, lover, admirer
Click here for Current Affairs GK 2017
HINDU Editorial Wordlist 20 April 2017 - English Vocabulary pdf
The following words are taken from today’s Paper. The Hindu editorial wordlist, vocabulary, meanings and synonyms are very helpful for the IBPS Bank PO and SSC CGL aspirants. Candidates are requested to memorize some words every day. So that it will be useful to Crack the exam.
- Centre and the State governments to harness rainfall and build resilience for future drought cycles.
- Prime Minister David Cameron stepped down after the ‘Brexit’ referendum.
- The Tories were smarting from internecine battles. Some of these feuds in fact
- The only real hurdle she had encountered to her Brexit plan was the legal challenge
- At the hustings on June 8, the voters face a choice between a demoralised and directionless opposition
|Word||Meaning & Synonyms|
|Meaning: the ability of a substance or object to spring back into shape|
Synonyms: flexibility, pliability, suppleness, plasticity, elasticity,
|Meaning: a general vote by the electorate on a single political question which has been referred to them for a direct decision.|
Synonyms: plebiscite, popular vote, ballot, poll
|Meaning: be engaged in a prolonged and bitter quarrel or dispute|
synonyms: fight, argue, bicker, squabble, dispute, clash
|Meaning: a problem or difficulty that must be overcome.|
synonyms: obstacle, difficulty, problem, barrier, bar, snag, stumbling block
|Meaning: the campaigning associated with an election.|
Here, we are providing HINDU Editorial Wordlist, The HINDU daily Wordlist, Editorial column word meanings and synonyms in pdf format also. Candidates can download the pdf from the link given.
HINDU Editorial Wordlist 20 April 2017 pdf download