General English Questions & Answers 2017 - Here we are providing the General English Multiple choice questions that are asked in the competitive written exams or Computer based Online Tests. These are the questions on Error recognition; fill in the blanks (verbs, Preposition etc.) synonyms, antonyms, spelling/detecting Mis-spelt words, idioms & phrases, one word substitution, sentences structure, Sentence completion, shuffling of sentence parts etc.
General English Questions & Answers 2017
1. The synonym for the word “infancy” is _____
2. “Reverie” means _____
3. choose the sentence with the correct punctuation
“Will you come to my house,” he asked.
“Will you come to my house!” he asked.
“Will you come to my house?” he asked.
“Will you come to my house?” He asked.
4. I don’t know the reason_ ____ his going home.
5. Cholera has broken__________ in the down.
6. The synonym of the “Obstinate” is________
7. Choose the correct sentence:
The apple tastes sweet
The apple is tasting sweet
The apple taste sweet
The apple tasting sweet
General English Questions 2017
8. “Fridge” is the colloquial from of the word__________
9. The sole aim of the police is to ________ information from the spy
10. The wind and waters roar can’t________the child
11. “Sheaves” means________
shells in the shore
Leaves in a bush
Stalks of corn in the field
Corals in waters
12. Oh! I finally got the reward. The underlined word is a/an____
13. They go everywhere together The underlined word is a /an
14. My friend turned ____my request
General English Questions with Answers
15. the synonym of the word “Forbid” is_______
16. At twenty five a change came over him
17. I thought he _________ be at home
18. The word “Capricious” means _______
to wear a cap
to fill the hand
to be intelligent
19. Hardly had he reached the airport _____
When the plane took off
so the plane took off
Then the plane took off
and the plane took off
20. It _____ for the last four hours
has been raining