English Grammar Question Paper with Key – Here we are providing the General English Multiple choice questions that are asked in the competitive written exams or Computer based Online Tests. These are the questions on Error recognition; fill in the blanks (verbs, Preposition etc.) synonyms, antonyms, spelling/detecting Mis-spelt words, idioms & phrases, one word substitution, sentences structure, Sentence completion, shuffling of sentence parts.
English Grammar Question Paper with Key
Choose the exact meaning of the underlined part of the sentence.
- Man has to encounter many hardships in life.
(A) solve (B) face (C) bear (D) overcome
- As a speaker he was an utter failure.
(A) total (B) partial (C) completely (D) relative
- Courtesy costs one nothing.
(A) Sociability (B) Civility (C) Urbanity (D) Modesty
- Graduation day is momentous day for most students.
(A) memorable (B) melancholy (C) important (D) hectic
- He is a good looking but insipid young man.
(A) arrogant (B) unscrupulous (C) sick (D) lacking in spirit
Choose the best word or expression to complete the sentences.
- We don’t know what ________ him to commit his crime.
(A) excited (B) roused (C) prompted (D) attracted
- He is like a body without a soul, an eye without light or a flower without ________.
(A) smell (B) fragrance (C) petal (D) colour
- He is very ________ on meeting foreigners and befriending them.
(A) anxious (B) find (C) insistent (D) keen
- Now it is difficult to carry ________ this business in the teeth of stiff competition.
(A) out (B) on (C) off (D) forward
- Ravi had to drop his plan of going to picnic as he had certain ________ to meet during that period. (A) preparations (B) observations (C) urgencies (D) commitments
Choose the OPPOSITE meaning of the given word.
(A) Bold (B) Vain (C) Humble (D) Braggart
(A) Obvious (B) Distinct (C) Opaque (D) Consistent
(A) Inaccessible (B) Distant (C) Adjacent (D) Slight
(A) Exclude (B) Promote (C) Accept (D) Elevate
(A) Common (B) Fanciful (C) Imagination (D) Reality
Find out the WRONGLY SPELT word.
- (A) Transient (B) Valuable (C) Expirience (D) Polluted
- (A) Abrasive (B) Alocate (C) Ample (D) Analogy
- (A) Broch (B) Bleak (C) Bouquet (D) Baneful
- (A) Shallo (B) Aversion (C) Hatred (D) Apathy
- (A) Exonerate (B) Aggravate (C) Modarate (D) Mitigate
- (A) Indolent (B) Obsolete (C) Stumble (D) Inteligent
Find out which part of the sentence has an error and mark that part. If there is no error, mark ‘D’ as your answer.
- The conduct of many boys and girls (A) / is not what (B) / they should be(C).
- The boys objected to(A) / the allegedly illegal parking of trucks(B) / belonged to the firm (C)
- For decades (A) / there have been (B) / a debate on whether schizophrenia is a psychological condition (C)
- There is sense of urgency (A) / in locating alternative sources of water(B) / to argument the dwindling supply (C).
- Neither the severe earthquake (A) / or the subsequent famine (B) / could demoralize the people of the country (C).
English Grammar Question Paper Key
Candidates can also check the Answer key below.
1. B 2. A 3. B 4. C 5. D 6. C 7. B
8. D 9. B 10. D 11. C 12. C 13. C 14. C
15. D 16. C 17. B 18. A 19. A 20. C
21. D 22. C 23. C 24. B 25. C 26. B
Candidates can also download the question paper& key in pdf format.
Click here to DOWNLOAD PDF