English Grammar Question Paper & Answers Key – Here we are providing the General English Multiple choice questions that are asked in the competitive written exams or Computer based Online Tests. These are the questions on Error recognition; fill in the blanks (verbs, Preposition etc.) synonyms, antonyms, spelling/detecting Mis-spelt words, idioms & phrases, one word substitution, sentences structure, Sentence completion, shuffling of sentence parts.
English Grammar Question Paper
Choose the word which is nearest in meaning to the bold typed word.
- The officer was divested of all power.
- He is liked by all for his candid behaviour.
- In his old age the man turned a fatalist.
(A) Disbeliever in God
(B) Believer in God
(C) Believer in fate
(D) Non-believer in destiny
Choose the best word or expression to complete the sentences.
- He lives in the world of ________.
- The husband was taken aback when his wife ________ to him that she ________ him for his money. (A) revealed …. had married
(B) declared …. Married
(C) revealed …. married
(D) confirmed …. has married
- He informed ________ me to the police.
Choose the OPPOSITE meaning of the given word.
Direction for questions 10 – 12 : In each of the following questions various words are given, one of which is wrongly spelt. Find out the WRONGLY SPELT word.
- (A) Broch (B) Bleak (C) Bouquet (D) Baneful
- (A) Delusion (B) Dovetail (C) Divercity (D) Diffident
- (A) Doubtfull (B) Awkward (C) Ponderous (D) Distinct
Direction for questions 13 – 15 : Below several disarranged words are given in each question. Arrange them in proper order so that it makes a sense and indicate the index (A or B or C or D) of the word you have chosen to put LAST.
- in need (A) of money (B) I (C) am (D)
- acts (A) care (B) she (C) with (D)
- me (A) your (B) pleased (C) news has (D)
English Grammar Question Paper Key
Candidates can also check the Answer key below.
1. C 2. C 3. C 4. B 5. A
6. B 7. C 8. A 9. D 10. A
11. C 12. A 13. B 14. B 15. A
candidates can also download the question paper& key in pdf format.
Click here to DOWNLOAD PDF