English Grammar online Exam Question Paper & Key – Here we are providing the General English Multiple choice questions that are asked in the competitive written exams or Computer based Online Tests. These are the questions on Error recognition; fill in the blanks (verbs, Preposition etc.) synonyms, antonyms, spelling/detecting Mis-spelt words, idioms & phrases, one word substitution, sentences structure, Sentence completion, shuffling of sentence parts.
English Grammar online Exam Question Paper
Choose the exact meaning of the underlined part of the sentences.
- India has made spectacular progress in science and technology.
(A) remarkable (B) great (C) formidable (D) super
- The navy gave tactical support to the marines.
(A) sensitive (B) strategic (C) expedient (D) expert
- Mumbai is the terminus of the Western Railways.
(A) last stop (B) termination (C) junction (D) tenure
- Swami Vivekananda led a godly life.
(A) Pious (B) Heavenly (C) Religious (D) Pure
- Some mention of this should be inserted here.
(A) Added (B) Put in (C) Included (D) Supplied
Choose the best word or expression to complete the sentences.
- It has now been ________ that fifty-two people died in the crash.
(A) assured (B) confirmed (C) counted (D) ensured
- A ________ of experts will answer the questions.
(A) group (B) band (C) staff (D) panel
- These essays are intellectually ________ and represent various levels of complexity.
(A) revealing (B) modern (C) superior (D) demanding
- The soldiers were instructed to ________ restraint and handle the situation peacefully.
(A) exercise (B) control (C) prevent (D) enforce
- Take your shoes ________ when you enter my room.
(A) on (B) off (C) with (D) out
Choose the OPPOSITE meaning of the given word.
(A) Fragile (B) Breakable (C) Unbreakable (D) Thin
(A) Crowded (B) Lonely (C) Solo (D) Watery
(A) Occurrence (B) Alteration (C) Sprouting (D) Changelessness
(A) Varied (B) Tedious (C) Insipid (D) Eventful
(A) Precious (B) Untimely (C) Doubtful (D) Belated
Find out the WRONGLY SPELT word.
- (A) Appreciate (B) Curious (C) Doubtful (D) Temparature
- (A) Necesity (B) Terrestrial (C) Celestial (D) Noxious
- (A) Indulgence (B) Crowded (C) Summit (D) Excitment
- (A) Success (B) Vareity (C) Paternity (D) Apposite
- (A) Delusion (B) Dovetail (C) Divercity (D) Diffident
Find out which part of the sentence has an error and mark that part. If there is no error, mark ‘D’ as your answer.
- No less than (A) / fifty persons were (B) / killed in the train accident (C)
- This is the man (A) / whom everybody said (B) / was off his wits (C)
- In spite of his best efforts (A) / he could not get (B) / the better hand over his rival (C).
- You are not the first man (A) / that have been deceived (B) / by appearances (C)
- He was too irritated (A) / to concentrate on his work (B) / for a long time. (C)
English Grammar online Exam Question Paper Key
Candidates can also check the Answer key below.
1. A 2. B 3. A 4. A 5. B 6. B 7. D
8. A 9. A 10. B 11. C 12. C 13. D 14. A
15. D 16. D 17. A 18. D 19. B 20. C
21. A 22. B 23. C 24. B 25. D
Candidates can also download the question paper& key in pdf format.
Click here to DOWNLOAD PDF