APPSC 25 June 2017 General Studies Questions Answers - APPSC conducted Assistant Welfare Officer written Test on 25 June 2017 FN from 10.00 AM to 12.30 PM. Here we are providing some of the questions asked in APPSC General Studies & Mental ability Paper.
APPSC 25 June 2017 General Studies Paper
General Studies & Mental Ability
Events of National and International importance, Current affairs, Basics of General Science, Current developments in science& technology, Geography -World, National and Andhra Pradesh; History of India Ancient, Medieval, Modern; Indian Polity and Governance , Economic development in India, India’s Economic reforms etc.
1. Scorpion venom contains toxins which are
2.____ is used in glass industry?
(1) Sodium Chloride
(2) Sodium Carbonate
(3) Sodium Bicarbonate
(4) Sodium Hydroxide
3. Why does the sky appear blue?
Scattering of light
4. Article 14 of the Constitution which speaks about Equality before law applies
Within territory of India only
5. Which article of the Constitution grants protection from double jeopardy?
6. Which article of the Constitution speaks about duty of the State to raise the level of nutrition and standard of living and to improve public health?
7. How many members are there from Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha (in that order) in the Joint Committee on Offices of Profit?
APPSC 25 June 2017 General Studies Questions and answers
8. In the awards given at 20th e-Governance Conference held at Visakhapatnam, who won the sectoral award for digital transformation towards transforming India?
MietY for MyGov
9. What is the target recommended by the Fourteenth Finance Commission for the combined debt of States and Centre as percentage of GDP?
10. The Arogya Raksha Scheme of Andhra Pradesh Government is for
People above poverty line
11. The second major crop of cultivation in Andhra Pradesh in terms of share in gross value addition (GVA) is
12. What is the proposed GST rate on sugar?
13. Who is the present Director of FBI?
14. Recently, in which Indian’s case did the International Court of Justice stay the death sentence awarded by a Pakistan Court?
15. Which is the heaviest rocket launched by ISRO till date?
GSLV Mark III D1
16. On what date in 2017 are next elections for the post of President of India going to be held?
17. In which city did the Prime Minister attend the 350th birth anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh in 2017?
18. What is the name of the Vice President of Suriname who attended Pravasa Bharatiya Diwas in Bengaluru in January?
APPSC 25 June 2017 General Studies paper with Key
19. Which film got maximum Oscar Awards in the 89th Academy Awards function?
La La Land
20. Who is appointed as the Chairman of Cauvery Water Disputes Tribunal?
Justice Abhay Manohar Sapre
21. Which of the following cricketers was awarded the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy as ICC Test Cricketer of the Year, 2016?
22. Under My Ituka–My Amaravathi programme, what is the cost per brick to be met by donors?
23. The 10th Schedule of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2014 contains a list of
Training Institutes/ Centers
24. Which State of India has the highest installed capacity of solar power?
25. In which year was ‘‘Project Elephant” launched in India?
26. Which is the largest tiger reserve in India in terms of area?
Nagarjunasagar–Srisailam Tiger Reserve
27. In India who is the authority to grant approval for use of forest land for non-forest purposes?
Union Ministry for Environment and Forests
28. Which genetically engineered crop is recently cleared by GEAC as safe for human consumption?
29. Over which of the following regions is the major ozone hole of the Earth?
30. The Super Cyclone which slammed Orissa in 1999 was with an approximate wind speed of
270 to 300 kmph
APPSC 25 June 2017 General Studies Answers Key
APPSC Assistant Welfare Officer Written Test Full Question Paper & Key