Analytical Aptitude Questions & Answers 2017 – Here we are providing some of the questions asked in the various competitive Examinations. These questions cover the following topics: Simple Equations, Simple Interest, Profit and loss, Number System, Time and Work, Number series, Blood Relation, Time, Speed and Distance, Mensuration, Directions etc.
Analytical Aptitude Questions & Answers
1. Out of three numbers, the first is twice the second and is half of the third. If the average of three numbers is 56, the difference of first and third numbers is
(A) 12 (B) 20 (C) 24 (D) 48
2. A train covers a distance between two stations in 45 minutes. If the speed of the train is reduced by 5 km/hr, it takes 48 minutes. The distance is
(A) 50 km (B) 45 km (C) 48 km (D) 60 km
3. A train 132 m long passes a telegraph post in 6 seconds. The speed of the train is
(A) 70 km/hr (B) 72 km/hr (C) 79.2 km/hr (D) 80 km/hr
4. A rectangular garden 100 meters long and 80 meters broad has two straight paths each of 4 meters wide running through the middle of its two sides to the middle of opposite sides. The cost of paving the paths at Rs. 12.50 per sq.metre, is
(A) Rs. 8000 (B) Rs. 8500 (C) Rs. 8800 (D) Rs. 9000
5. Rs. 395 are divided among A, B and C in such a manner that B gets 25% more than A and 20% more than C. The share of A is
(A) Rs. 198 (B) Rs. 120 (C) Rs. 180 (D) Rs. 195
6. A florist bought 360 roses at Rs. 8 per dozen. He sold all of them at Re. 1 each. He made a profit of (in rupees)
(A) 240 (B) 315 (C) 120 (D) 180
7. A fort has provisions for 420 soldiers for 70 days. After 10 days 210 more soldiers enter the fort. The remaining food will last for
(A) 30 days (B) 25 days (C) 35 days (D) 40 days
8. A number is as much greater than 31 as is less than 55. The number is
(A) 47 (B) 52 (C) 39 (D) 43
9. A cistern has three pipes A, B and C. A and B can fill it in 3 hrs. and 4 hrs. respectively while C can empty the completely filled cistern in 1 hour. If the pipes are opened in order at 3 pm, 4 pm and 5 pm respectively, at what time will the cistern be empty?
(A) 6:15 pm (B) 7:12 pm (C) 8:12 pm (D) 8:35 pm
10. Two trains are running in opposite directions with speeds of 62 kmph and 40 kmph respectively. If the length of one train is 250 m and they cross each other in 18 seconds, the length of the other train is
(A) 145 m (B) 230 m (C) 260 m (D) None of these
11. In what ratio must a grocer mix two varieties of tea costing Rs. 15 and Rs. 20 per kg respectively so as to get a mixture worth Rs. 16.50 per kg?
(A) 3 : 7 (B) 5 : 7 (C) 7 : 3 (D) 7 : 5
12. A rectangular block 6 cm × 12 cm × 15 cm is cut into exact number of equal cubes. The least possible number of cubes will be
(A) 6 (B) 11 (C) 33 (D) 40
13. Hitesh is 40 years old and Ronnie is 60 years old. How many years ago was the ratio of their ages 3 : 5?
(A) 5 years (B) 10 years (C) 20 years (D) 37 years
14. By selling 33 m of cloth Ramesh gained the cost price of 11 m. The gain percent is
(A) 10% (B) 20% (C) 25% (D) None of these
15. 8 men can do a piece of work in 12 days. 4 women can do it in 48 days and 10 children can do it in 24 days. In how many days can 10 men, 4 women and 10 children together complete the piece of work?
(A) 5 days (B) 6 days (C) 15 days (D) 28 days
16. The largest number of 5 digits, which is a perfect square, is
(A) 99999 (B) 99764 (C) 99976 (D) 99856
17. The sum and product of two numbers are 12 and 35 respectively. The sum of their reciprocals will be
(A) 12/35 (B) 1/35 (C) 35/8 (D) 7/32
18. If the simple interest for 6 years be equal to 30% of the principal, it will be equal to the principal after
(A) 10 years (B) 20 years (C) 22 years (D) 30 years
19. How many times do the hands of a clock coincide in a day?
(A) 20 (B) 21 (C) 22 (D) 24