TSLPRB General Studies Question Paper 2016. Telangana State Level Police Recruitment Board (TSLPRB) conducted Telangana SI PWT Exam. Telangana SI preliminary Exam was held on 17th April 2016. Telangana SI Question paper & answer key available at TSLPRB official website. Here we are providing some of the questions asked in TSLPRB Sub inspector Preliminary Written Test paper. Candidates can get the TSLPRB General Studies Questions& Answers now. . Following Questions are the Questions asked in Telangana SI Preliminary Written Test 2016.
Click here for Telangana SI 2016 Preliminary Question Paper& Key
TSLPRB General Studies - General Science
What physical property of the following uses non-destructive evaluation experiment to image defects in materials ?
Metal ion present in Vitamin B12 is
The irritant red haze of the eyes in the traffic and congested places is due to
(3) Oxides of Nitrogen
Which one of the following is a polyester fibre ?
Conventional energy source is
(a) Solar energy
(b) Wind power
(d) Nuclear power
What is the function of Plasma cells?
(1) Antibodies formation
(2) Storage of fats
(3) Storage of proteins
An irregular occurring and complex series of climate change is called
(1) El Nino
(4) Low pressure
TSLPRB General Studies - Geography
The correct sequence of states in which Bandipur, Manas and Pench Tiger Reserves are located
(1) Bihar, Assam, Maharashtra
(2) Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan
(3) Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu
(4) Karnataka, Assam, Madhya Pradesh
Arrange the four Buddhist Council meeting places in chronological order.
(1) (a), (b), (c), (d)
(2) (b), (a), (c), (d)
(3) (d), ©, (b), (a)
(4) (a), (d), (c), (b)
The following states share border with Uttar Pradesh
(1) (a), (b), (c) and (d)
(2) (b), (c) and (d)
(3) (a) and (d)
(4) (a) and (c)
The state having largest area of forest cover in India is
(1) Madhya Pradesh
(3) Arunachal Pradesh
Which of the following regions is first affected by the south-west monsoon ?
(1) Kerala coast
(2) Coromandel coast
(3) Himachal Pradesh
TSLPRB General Studies - Indian Polity& Economy
Which of the following is/are not correct ?
(a) First Five Year Plan — 1951-1956
(b) Third Five Year Plan — 1966-1971
© Sixth Five Year Plan — 1980-1985
(d) Tenth Five Year Plan — 2002-2007
Correct answer is
(1) (a) and (c)
(2) (b) only
(3) © only
(4) (a) and (d)
Which one of the following is/are primary economic activity/activities ?
Correct answer is
(1) © and (d)
(2) (b), (c) and (d)
(3) (b) and (c)
(4) (a) only
Consider the following
(i) Right to Education Act makes education a Fundamental Right
(ii) Right to Education Act was passed in the year 2009
(iii) Right to Education Act assured free and compulsory education to the children between years 6-14
Which of the statements given above is/are correct ?
(1) (i) and (ii)
(2) (ii) and (iii)
(3) (i) and (iii)
(4) (i), (ii) and (iii)
Economic and Social planning is in
(1) Union list
(2) State list
(3) Concurrent list
(4) Residual powers
Which of the following Articles of the Constitution can not be suspended during the period of National Emergency ?
(1) Art. 32
(2) Art. 21
(3) Art. 19
(4) Art. 15
What is the correct descending order of foodgrain producing states ?
(1) Uttar Pradesh, Punjab and Madhya Pradesh
(2) Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and West Bengal
(3) Punjab, Uttar Pradesh and Telangana
(4) Madhya Pradesh, Punjab and West Bengal
TSLPRB General Studies - Current events/ GK
Old name of State Bank of India is
(1) British Bank of India
(2) Imperial Bank of India
(3) Federal Bank of India
(4) East India Bank
Which of the following is not an objective of Swachha Bharat Mission ?
(2) Waste management
Consider the following statements about key features of ‘100 Smart City’ project
(a) Automatic traffic signals
(b) Better public transport facility
© Face identification system to catch criminals
Which of the above statements is/are correct ?
(1) (a) only
(2) (a), (b) and (c)
(3) (a) and (b) only
(4) (b) and (c) only
NITI Ayog stands for
(1) National Institute for Technical Investigation
(2) National Income Transfer to Individuals
(3) National Institute for Transforming India
(4) National Intelligence Training Institute
Nirmal Grama Puraskar is associated with which of the following ?
(1) Enlarging Forests
(2) Expansion of Industries
(3) Rural Sanitation
(4) Rural Electrification
Which of the States is not BIMARU State ?
(2) Madhya Pradesh
(3) West Bengal
Which one of the following shipyards makes warships for Indian Navy ?
(1) Vishakhapatnam shipyard
(2) Kochin shipyard
(3) Mazagaon shipyard
(4) Paradeep shipyard
Minimum duration of stay in India before applying for Indian citizenship is
(1) 3 years
(2) 5 years
(3) 6 years
(4) 7 years
Which one of the following texts was known as the Bible of Tamil land ?
(2) Silappadikaram (3) Naladiyar
TSLPRB General Studies - History
Jorwe’ culture belongs to
(1) Chalcolithic phase
(2) Megalithic phase
(3) Mesolithic phase
(4) Iron age
Who among the following tribes live in the Union Territory of Andaman and Nicobar Islands ?
Which of the following statements is not correct about the Rigveda ?
(1) Rigveda mentions Varna
(2) Slavery was not mentioned in Rigveda
(3) Sabha the assembly was mentioned in Rigveda
(4) Rajan occurs many times in Rigveda
Which animal figure is not found on the so called ‘ Pashupati’ seal discovered at Mohenjodaro ?
Name the Delhi Sultan who called himself the ‘Shadow of God’.
(2) Alauddin Khilji
(3) Mohd. Bin Tughlaq
(4) Firoz Shah Tughla
The Indian member in Viceroy Legislative Council who resigned in protest against Rowlatt Bills in 1919
(1) Tej Bahadur Sapru
(2) B.D. Sukul
(3) M.R. Jayakar
(4) G.S. Kaparde
Who among the following Presidents of India was associated with the Trade Union Movement in India ?
(1) V.V. Giri
(2) N. Sanjeeva Reddy
(3) Zakir Hussain
(4) R. Venkatraman
TSLPRB General Studies - Telangana Movement
Before the States Re-organisation Commission many leaders expressed the opinion that the merger of an advanced region like Andhra with a backward region Hyderabad State would lead to
(4) Internal colonization
Which one of the following statements is not correct ?
(1) According to Gentlemen agreement, future recruitment to services will be on the basis of population from both sides.
(2) G.O. 610 was issued to rectify the lapses in implementing the Presidential order and injustice meted out to Telangana people.
(3) According to the Gentlemen agreement the Cabinet will consist of members in proportion of 50 : 50 for Andhra and Telangana respectively.
(4) In 1953 the Government of India constituted State Re-organisation Commission under the Chairmanship of Justice Fazal Ali.
Who was the editor of Telugu version of ‘Meezan’ newspaper ?
(1) Madiraju Koteshwar Rao
(2) Dasharati Rangacharya
(3) Devulapally Ramanuja Rao
(4) Adavi Bapi Raju
The limited safeguards of employment under mulki would remain in operation in the Telangana Region upto the end of December 1980. In the case of Hyderabad and Secunderabad these safeguards would continue only upto the end of December 1977. According to
(1) Six Point Formula
(2) Eight Point Formula
(3) All Party Accord
(4) Five Point Formula
Which one of the statements is not correct ?
(1) Article 371-‘D’ facilitated for the Zonal system in Andhra Pradesh.
(2) Jayabharat Reddy Committee was appointed in 1984 to enquire into the irregularities under the six point formula and Presidential order.
(3) Kamalanathan and Umapathi Rao were the members in the officers committee.
(4) Abdul Khadar, a senior I.A.S. officer was appointed in 1985 to scruitinize the officers committee report.
Arrange the following statements in a chronological order
(a) Declaration of K.Chandrashekar Rao Fast unto death.
(b) Telangana March to Necklace Road.
© Prof. M. Kodand Ram was nominated as convenor for Joint Action Committee (JAC).
(d) Suspension of Telugu Desham Party from Joint Action Committee.
(1) (a), (d), (b), (c)
(2) (a), (c), (b), (d)
(3) (b), (a), (d), (c)
(4) (a), (c), (d), (b)
Which of the following is not correctly matched ?
(1) Lambadi Hakkula Porata Samithi — Bellaiah Naik
(2) Gouda Jana Hakkula Porata Samithi — Elkakatte Vijayakumar Goud
(3) Vaddera Hakkula Porata Samithi — Dubbagatla Narsing Rao
(4) Chakali Hakkula Porata Samithi — Poosapally Saidulu