Telangana SI Preliminary Written Test to be held on 17 April 2016. Telangana State level Police Recruitment Board (TSLPRB) conducting the Preliminary Written Test against the Telangana Sub Inspector Recruitment 2016.
Telangana SI Preliminary Test Syllabus
Arithmetic: It will include questions on problems relating to number system, simple interest, compound interest, ratio & proportion, average, percentage, profit & loss, time & work, work & wages, time & distance, clocks & calendars, partnership, menstruation etc.
Test of Reasoning: It will include questions of both verbal & non-verbal type and include question on analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory etc
- General Science - contemporary developments in science and technology and their implications including matters of everyday observation and experience, contemporary issues relating to protection of environment as may be expected of a well educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India – emphasis will be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, cultural and political aspects. Indian National Movement.
- Geography of India
- Indian Polity and Economy – including the Country’s political system, rural development, planning and economic reforms in India.
- Telangana Movement and State Formation - The idea of Telangana (1948-1970), Mobilization phase (1971-1990), towards formation of Telangana State (1991-2014)
Telangana SI Preliminary Exam Pattern
Candidates shall be required to appear for the TS SI Preliminary Written Test in one paper (three hours duration) as given. Questions in the Paper will be objective in nature and will be set in English, Telugu and Urdu languages.
Maximum Marks- 200 Marks
Total Number of Questions – 200 (Objective in nature).
Arithmetic and Test of Reasoning / Mental Ability (100 Questions)
General Studies (100 Questions)
Qualifying Marks for TS Sub inspector: The minimum marks to be secured by the candidates in order to qualify in the Preliminary Written Test in the paper is 40% for OCs, 35% for BCs and 30% for SCs/STs/Ex-Servicemen.